Time to Listen: 27 min. 01 sec.
(a small investment to learn a ton about email marketing).
If you prefer to read the transcript of this episode, click here.
Mentioned in This Episode 105 (Part 2 of Email Marketing)
- How To Build My List
- Organic Opt-In vs. Purchasing a List
- Email List Hygiene
- Request for White Listing
- Segmenting Your My List
- Email Customization
- Benchmarks for Open Rates and Click-Thrus
- Why People Unsubscribe
- When (Day and Time) Should I Send Your Email?
- Unifying Time Zone Differences
- Experiment, Measure and Adapt
- How Frequently Should I Send Emails?
- Testing and Proofing Prior to Hitting “Send”
Note: In this episode, David incorrectly identified Sauce Labs for email testing. He meant Litmus. Thankfully Josh got this right.
Mentioned in Episode 104 (Part 1 of Email Marketing)
- Why Email Marketing is an Underappreciated Marketing Channel
- Permission Marketing
- Email is Targeted and Trackable
- Long Sales Cycles and Staying Front of Mind With a Drip of Useful Content
- Compelling Subject Lines: What Can Be Learned From Tabloids
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
- Your Sender “From” Should Be a Person the Reader Knows
- Write the Email Content Within Your Email Service Provider
- Digestible Chunks of Content
- Don’t We All Over Yourself, Email Content of Value to Your Audience
- Write For an Audience of One
- Relationship of Email Marketing to Your Blog
- Plan Text Emails vs. Designed Emails
To listen to Email Marketing, Part 1 (Episode 104), click here.
Podcast Episodes 1–100
To read the show notes and listen to previous podcasts (the pre- Josh and David era) – click here
Subscribe to our Podcast
To subscribe to the PSM podcast in iTunes – click here